Lowry Hill East
Lowry Hill East is a vivacious neighborhood in southwest Minneapolis very close to Downtown Minneapolis and Uptown that is part of the Calhoun Isles community. It is bounded on the east by Lyndale Avenue, on the west by Hennepin Avenue and on the south by Lake Street. Lyndale and Hennepin intersect on the northern side at Interstate 94. Resembling a neighborhood triangular in shape called "the Wedge." It is part of a larger area south of Franklin Avenue and west of Nicollet Avenue that is often considered Uptown, although Uptown is a smaller area centered on the intersection of Hennepin and Lake near Lake Calhoun.
Lowry Hill East developed in the 1880s along a horse-drawn streetcar line built by Thomas Lowry. The interior of the neighborhood is zoned residential, with large early 20th century homes and multi-unit apartment buildings, while the border streets are lined with bars, restaurants, grocery stores, coffee shops, and other small businesses. The CC Club, French Meadow Bakery, The Bulldog Uptown, One Yoga Studio, Common Root Café and Catering & The popular Wedge Co-Op are just a few businesses that are found in the Lowry Hill East Community.
Most housing is renter-occupied. MPLS RENT offers Minneapolis property management services to the property owners of Lowry Hill east with confidence.
Top Five Picks
- One Yoga Studio 721 W 26th St Many suggest it's the best.
- The Bulldog Uptown 2549 Lyndale Ave S Nice beer selection & Great Food.
- Common Roots Café 2558 Lyndale Ave S You can't beat a 3pm Happy Hour
- The Wedge Community Co-op 2105 Lyndale Ave S Organic Freshness
- French Meadow Bakery & Cafe 2610 Lyndale Ave S It doesn't get much better.