New MN State Fair Foods!
It’s almost MN Sate Fair Time!
Mid-August is approaching and it’s always a bittersweet time for me. It marks the end of the shortest summer on Earth (where I come from we get 10 months) but it also means the Great Minnesota Get-Together is just around the corner!
My family and I are Fair Lovers. We love the food. We love the beer. We love the people watching.
Did you know 47 new foods were announced for this year’s Fair?
I’m drooling already…
Bacon-Wrapped Grilled Shrimp On-A-Stick – Grilled shrimp wrapped in bacon and served on-a-stick. At The Shrimp Shack, Located on Underwood Street at Carnes Avenue
Flavored Corndogs* – Three different flavored corndogs: Double Bacon Corndog, Jalapeño Cheese Corndog and Sweet Corn Corndog. Flavored corndogs are offered with the following condiment options: mustard, ketchup, honey, double-bacon maple syrup, double-bacon mustard, double-bacon ketchup, nacho cheese, hot sauce, flavored salts and honey barbecue sauce.
• Double Bacon Corndog – Bacon-wrapped hot dog dipped in a corndog batter blended with real bacon bits then deep fried.
• Jalapeño Cheese Corndog – Jalapeño and cheese-infused hot dog dipped in a spicy corndog batter then deep fried.
• Sweet Corn Corndog – Hot dog dipped in a corndog batter mixed with kernels of sweet corn then deep fried.
At Campbell’s Flavored Corndogs (*New Food Vendor for 2013), Located on Cosgrove Street across from the Education Building
Lobster Macaroni & Cheese – Fresh lobster tossed into a creamy macaroni & cheese dish made-to-order and prepared right in front of you.
Mini Donut Batter Crunch Ice Cream – Mini Donut Batter Crunch Ice Cream features a sweet cream base folded with mini donut batter and a hint of nutmeg in a sugar spice crunch. Made by Minnesota’s own Izzy’s Ice Cream.
At Hamline Dining Hall, Located on Dan Patch Avenue near Visitors Plaza
Minnepumpkin Pie – An individual deep fried pumpkin pie with cinnamon and sugar-dusted flaky crust and served with vanilla or cinnamon ice cream.
At Minneapple Pie, Located on Judson Avenue outside the Dairy Building
North Woods BBQ Taco – BBQ pulled pork topped with bourbon syrup and fresh coleslaw, served on a house-made corncake then wrapped in a flour tortilla.
Pitchfork Sausage* – A grilled sausage served on a specially designed pitchfork. Sausage flavor options include: mild sweet Italian sausage; Polish sausage; jalapeño cheese-infused hotdog; and a gluten-free sausage. A variety of condiment options include yellow mustard, spicy mustard, honey mustard, BBQ sauce, horse radish and hot & sour relish.
At Pitchfork Sausage (*New Food Vendor for 2013), Located on the corner of Dan Patch Avenue and Liggett Street
The Sandwich Stop* –
• Deep Fried Monte Cristo – A triple decker ham and turkey sandwich with Swiss and American cheese deep fried in a light and crispy batter, and garnished with powdered sugar and raspberry preserves.
• Curry Turkey Bacon Melt – Turkey, bacon, Swiss cheese and a sweetened curry mayo prepared on a sub bun, then pressed for a crispy melted crunch.
• Pressed Cuban Sandwich – Roasted pork, ham, Swiss cheese, pickles and a special homemade Cuban sauce prepared on a sub bun, then pressed for a crispy melted crunch.
At The Sandwich Stop (*New Food Vendor for 2013), Located on Clough Street, on the east side of the Poultry Barn